Junction 8 Theatre is a company limited by guarantee. J8T is a ‘data controller,’ this means we’re responsible for making sure your personal data is secure, used in an appropriate way and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why we need your personal data
We need your personal data to keep you up to date with what Junction 8 Theatre is up to! We will also use your personal data if you book tickets for one of our productions directly to let you know important information about the show.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to fulfil the contract you have with us (for example when buying tickets) by/for:
· Verifying payments and payment issues and other activities
· Contacting you about unforeseen circumstances (e.g. show cancellation)
· Contacting you with essential information to ensure a successful visit (e.g. pre-show e-mail, show details)
· Storing & logging your personal data on a secure, password protected document
· Emailing you about a donation you’ve made (E.g. Thank you)
· Maintaining records to ensure your safety, health & wellbeing if participating in an activity or workshop
We use your personal data to keep you informed of Junction 8 Theatre’s activities. We do this using our mailing list, which you will have positively opted into. We keep records of how and when an individual has opted in to receive regular updates on Junction 8 Theatre’s activities. If you have signed up to our mailing list via the Junction 8 Theatre website or by filling in a form at one of our events asking to be added to the Junction 8 Theatre mailing list, we will take this as your consent to Junction 8 Theatre keeping you up to date with our general activities. Remember you can ask to be removed from Junction 8 Theatre’s mailing list at any time by emailing
We will always seek your consent separately for the following:
· E-mailing or phoning you about similar products
· E-mailing or phoning you about making a donation (E.g. Donate to us)
· Sharing your data with a 3rd Party for marketing purposes
We will not seek your consent if the email is wholly about giving you essential information about your upcoming visit to one of our productions.
Your rights and complaints
When we use your data we ensure we take account of and keep your personal data rights in high regard. You have the right to see your data at any time. You can also object to how it is used, have it corrected or deleted. We systematically suppress old and unnecessary records in our systems.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Lead, Nick Stevenson, at email@example.com. He will endeavour to reply within 48 hours.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not in accordance with the law please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by visiting their website or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions please get in touch and we’d be happy to answer your queries.